Why should you do skateboarding regularly?
There are a number of reasons, why you should take up skateboarding regularly; may it be due to physical benefits it offers, or due to the psychological benefits. When you are planning to have this sport, as a regular hobby, then the first thing you need to do is to, purchase a skateboard. Skateboards are usually not expensive, and the price variations will be mostly due to the quality of the wheels used. Wear and tear cannot be avoided, if you love your skating so much that, you do it every day. Consider replacing the existing wheels with good skateboard wheels, that has ideal durometer and diameter, for smooth skating.
Here are few reasons, why you should think about regular skateboarding.
1. Skateboarding is a full-body workout. You will be twisting and turning all the time to balance on the board, and this is nothing but some great exercise for your body. These vigorous movements will also increase the metabolism rate of the body, which helps you lose your body fat, gradually. Skateboarding nearly burns 100- 550 calories per hour.
2. Body coordination is very much important for almost every activity in your day-to-day life. Skating helps you improve the coordination between your legs, hands, and eyes. This coordination is crucial for enhancing your multi-tasking abilities.
3. Skateboarding regularly, makes your body flexible. It will help you get rid of the existing muscular tension, and prevent them in future. Spasms and sprains are caused due to inflexibility, and these also can be prevented by Skateboarding.
4. This activity is an excellent stress reliever. Skateboarding will help you learn patience, to fall, and to balance. Skateboarding can be an excellent diversion from daily stress, and can help you think clearly about things.
5. The skills learnt in skateboarding will be very much useful in other sports and your daily activities. Few skills that can be learnt from skateboarding have already been mentioned earlier.
6. Health-wise, regular skateboarding will increase the good-cholesterol levels in the body, which helps your body fight against various cardiovascular disorders.